GRDC Regional Cropping Solutions
Overview of the Regional Cropping Solutions Initiative – more info
The consultancy agreement will provide essential on ground linkages between growers, farming systems groups, agribusiness and researchers within the “Southern High Rainfall Zone” complimentary to the National Grains Industry R, D & E Strategy to better plan and design local activities of greatest benefit
● the maintenance of industry capacity to profitability and sustainably produce food, fibre and energy, and
● enhancement of the capacity of growers and advisers to access, interpret and adapt information from R,D&E investments.
● create and manage knowledge;
● build regional D & E capacity among growers and advisers;
● proactively respond to regional industry issues in a timely manner;
● provide enduring links between growers, advisers and the GRDC.
Project services provided include:
● establish and maintain a database of regional R,D&E GRDC project activities and results;
● establish and facilitate a High Rainfall Zone (NRZ) Working Group to identify and prioritise priority issues;
● establish the critical R,D& E question needed to address the priority issues;
● review current knowledge of the priority issues;
● identify gaps in knowledge and the relevant questions or hypotheses and potential impacts of R,D&E programs;
● prepare Project Specifications or Work Plans for assessment;
● support and develop regional development and extension;
● provide an interface for High Rainfall development and extension networks;
● provide feedback to GRDC on emerging issues, current attitudes and activities.
Project delivery and team:
The MacKillop Farm Management Group (MFMG) will engage the services of Trent Potter and Jen Lillecrapp to deliver this project within the HRZ of SA, Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. The MFMG was established in 1997 has more than 300 members and provides and delivers a comprehensive and professional research, development and extension program addressing the priority issues affecting mixed farming systems in the South East of SA.
Overview of GRDC investments and project activities for the management of slugs & snails