Southern Pulse Extension Project
The GRDC Southern Pulse Extension project, provides a collaborative opportunity to increase the knowledge of growers and advisers on sustainable pulse production, improving the Southern Region’s capacity to maximise future growth and profitability opportunities.
The three-year project will develop farmer discussion groups in areas where lentils and/or chickpeas are not commonly grown or low lentil/chickpea production areas. Prior experience in growing pulses is not required as the purpose of the group is to increase regional knowledge and capacity in pulse production.
Attendees do not need to have attended the previous meeting.
The pre-canopy closure meeting will:
• Visit a paddock of beans, lentils and chickpeas
• Review what has been happening in each paddock and discuss
• Check for pests in the crops – sweep paddocks to learn the technique
• Assess crops for signs of disease
• Pest and disease ID (if present)
• Management strategies for disease, pests and weeds for spring
• Discuss any market developments and opportunities
For more information or to register your interest please contact: Brendan Wallis on 0427 017 858 email@example.com
For more information see FLYER